The new year always brings new hope. Whereas in the past I’ve been hopeful for change and progress throughout education…this year I’m feeling different. This year I’m pumped about where we are headed in my school district and in the larger field of education. I’ve seen movement and progress from so many different people and places that it is almost impossible not to get excited. Here are 10 reasons I’m pumped for education in 2015 (and you should be too!):
1. More collaboration than ever before
2. Better research and new studies
3. Niche leaders
4. Technology with purpose
5. An Eco-system built for risks
6. New models that have had time to work
7. On demand PD
8. A season of global opportunities
9. Push back from various stakeholders
10. Understanding Choice as Essential to learning
Back in 2012 I wrote a post titled, My Wish List for Education. Many of those wishes have started to come true, but I also see how it takes time to make real progress. I’m looking forward to 2015 in my own role and my school district, but I’m also pumped to see what educators around the world are doing differently.
Let me know in the comments what you are pumped about for 2015!