Blogging can be a lot of things. It can be reflecting, it can be sharing, it can be planning, it can be a how-to, it can be a call to action, it can be a story, and it can be an experiment. But, blogging will always be a way to take what’s going on inside your head, in your life, in your work, and be able to put it out for the world to interact and learn from.
There are a lot of barriers that keep us from blogging, writing, and sharing more. Here are just a few that go through my head each day:
- I don’t have enough time…
- I have to do this and this instead of blogging…
- I don’t have anything special to write about, it would be boring…
- No one really wants to hear about this and it’s just a waste of time…
- Everyone else is writing about important and interesting work/lives…
But, when I actually stand up to these thoughts and write something down a strange sensation comes over me. I feel better. I want to do better work. I want to share what I wrote with the world, and see if anyone has similar thoughts, or different thoughts, or can inspire me with what they are doing in their work and life.
Blogging is actually refreshing, reviving, and renewing.
And in this New Year, I need to remember that feeling and power of writing every day.
In 2017 our community of teachers, learners, and leaders took on an epic blogging challenge in January (you can see from all the comments below and the linked list of blogs that it was a great group). It turned out that 2017 was my best year in blogging and I believe it was because of the jumpstart of the challenge and the community of writers we built together.
I’m giving my writing/blogging a little jump start this year. I’m going to write every day and blog two times a week.
Let’s bring back the 30 Days of Blogging Challenge!
My 2019 Blogging Goals
- Write everyday
- Publish 2 blog posts a week on a schedule (Sunday and Thursday)
- Incorporate video and audio into my blog (YouTube series or Podcast)
30 Days of Blogging is a 30-day challenge designed to help you (and me) get a jump start on blogging in 2019. It will help you get motivated, share your writing, and finally blog as often as you’ve wanted to!
Ready to get started? Read below to get all the details:
- Write ____ words per day, every day for 30 days (you choose the amount)
- Publish ____ posts per week (again you choose the amount)
- If you miss a day, pick up where you left off. Don’t make up for lost days.
How it works
- Leave a comment below with your 2019 blogging goals
- Add your blog to the linkup below (this is important if you’re a blogger and want others to see your work).
- Write every day, and record your progress
- Sign up for email updates (if you haven’t already) to get free writing tips and prompts via email.
Sign up for the 30 Days of Blogging Challenge
Enter your email to get a daily morning reminder from me as I share out what I’m working on and what is keeping me down!
30 Days of Blogging
Get daily reminders, motivation, and prompts for the 30 day challenge.