Do you want to take an online course centered on Technology With a Purpose from The University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education?
Introducing PLN 38
Technology With A Purpose: Extending Reading and Writing Through Genius Hour and Inquiry-Based Learning
(4.5 Continuing Education Graduate Credits)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD COURSE FLYER AND SHARE WITH COLLEAGUES
Hi, I’m A.J. Juliani. I’m teaching an online course on using technology with purpose, to effectively implement and unleash the power of inquiry-based learning in your classroom and/or school! This course is perfect for all K-12 teachers, as the focus is not grade level or subject specific, but instead on how to extend reading and writing in any class.
This course focuses on using technology with a purpose through extended reading and writing. Participants are introduced to the PLN Frameworks (The Five Reading Writing Talking Processes and The Four Lenses of Learning) to frame and guide their learning throughout the course.
Participants use a variety of technology tools and are expected to integrate The Five Reading Writing Talking Processes and The Four Lenses of Learning into their coursework and final projects centered on Genius Hour and Inquiry-Based Learning to transform instruction and learning with technology.
Through a series of online activities, guided research, and creative tasks, participants develop technology infused lessons and inquiry-based projects to use in their classrooms. Projects include the Inquiry-Based Model and draw heavily on Design Thinking principles. The skills and processes of technology are examined as an integral part of nonfiction reading, writing, and the presentation of content.
Here’s a brief overview of the course:
- Session 01: The PLN Frameworks: The Four Lenses of Learning, The Five Reading Writing Talking Processes
- Session 02: Extending Reading & Writing with Technology, The Unlearning Cycle & 21st Century Literacy
- Session 03: Inquiry-Based Learning, Genius Hour
- Session 04: Projects with Purpose, Technology & Research
- Session 05: The Design Thinking Process
- Session 06: SAMR (Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, Redefinition) and What It Means For Your Classroom Learning Experiences
- Session 07: Launching Your Project to an Authentic Audience; Technology Tools to Share
- Session 08: 21st Century Assessment Practices
- Session 09: Extending Choice With Technology, Reflection
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD COURSE FLYER AND SHARE WITH COLLEAGUES
Register for the Spring Semester with Special Discounted Tuition Rates*
(January 20, 2017 – May 5, 2017)
Have Questions About This Course?
Email me at email@example.com.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: This course is being offered by The University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education through The Penn Literacy Network. The course is 4.5 continuing education graduate credits and is one semester in length. The entire course takes place in an online format using the Canvas platform through Penn GSE. A.J. Juliani is teaching and facilitating both the fall and spring semester options. Participants must obtain a Penn Key through the University to access course materials.
Join 76,000 other learners (and teachers)
And get new posts every week by email.