I’m really excited to share some awesome news! I’ve been working on my first published (by Routledge) book for the past year. It’s been a learning process throughout, but now I can say the finish line is near.
My book is titled, Inquiry and Innovation in the Classroom: Using 20% Time, Genius Hour, and PBL to Drive Student Success. It’s a collection of stories, research, and useful resources that help bring inquiry and innovation into your classroom and school.
I’ve had the opportunity to interview and work with some amazing people throughout the writing process…and I’m not finished. I wanted to write this post so you could join me in the final steps of the book writing/publishing process. I don’t want to keep it a secret, and I hope you’ll be excited when the book is finally released (hopefully this May).
Here’s what I’m planning to do in preparation for the book’s release this spring:
- Keep you posted each week in my newsletter on the process. From the final cover choice to interviews to what I’m doing to launch the book…it will all be there.
- I’m releasing a short 52-page eBook called “Teach Above the Test”. You can download it for FREE by signing up for updates below. This guide has interviews with some awesome educators on how they create projects and learning experiences that go “above the test” and “beyond the standards”. It’s a fun and useful read!
- I’m hoping to do a lot of guest posting. I’ve loved writing for Edutopia, Edudemic, Fluency21, SmartBlogs, and other blogs like Angela Maiers. It’s a great way to spread the message of “inquiry and innovation”. If you are looking for a guest post on your blog/site – let me know.
- There will be a contest, and there will be some freebies along with the book’s release. Stay tuned for these in my newsletter.
- I’m launching a new podcast called “Scratch Your Itch”. My book covers so many individuals that have worked to find their passion and are now living with serious purpose. Their stories are fascinating, and I want to document more ways to get the most out of life by “scratching your own itch”. The first episodes will come out later this December.
Well, that’s it for now. I want you to be as much a part of this process as possible. I could never have written this book without the help and guidance from so many teachers and leaders…and I’m asking for that same help in the launch!
Thanks again for reading my blog, and I hope to share even more in my newsletter and podcast! If you want to get all of my updates and the free “Teach Above the Test” book just enter your email below and click “Get Updates!”