This page is inspired by Derek Sivers and details what I’m focused on right now. It was updated 6/25/2017:
- I just released my new book, Empower: What Happens When Students Own Their Learning, with co-author John Spencer. It is our follow-up book to LAUNCH and I’m so pumped to share it with the world.
- I’m working as the Director of Technology and Innovation at Centennial School District (a public school district just outside of Philadelphia, PA, USA). We are doing some really interesting work with design thinking. Our teachers run a summer program called CentennialX that is also leading into a Student Innovation Team for next school year. We are launching our 1:1 Chromebook initiative in August for grades 6th-12th. Our team has been focused on innovative teaching and learning with a purpose built around partnerships (if you want to visit feel free to reach out, as we host visits monthly).
- Weekly, I create new modules for my Innovative Teaching Academy online course.
- I’m spending two days speaking to teachers in Douglas County, Colorado this week. I’ll be giving two keynotes on innovation and literary and leading breakout sessions around design thinking.
- My kids (I have four) have a big week of swim practice (summer season starting up) this week, and my daughter has her first meet on Thursday!